The compassionate and intelligent Seasons Change and So Have I has tagged me so I’m IT. Actually technically she tagged Butimbeautiful but But passed it on to me, which is ok as we’re the same person (I think). Seasons writes about mental illness with depth and honesty, and she’s working on writing her autobiography. I hope its closing line is ‘and that’s how I became the amazing, successful and much-loved person I am today!’
This tag thing means that I have to post The Rules, answer The Questions, tag 11 more people and ask them More Questions, and – most importantly, because this is the bit I always forget – tell them I’ve done it.
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
3. Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
4. Tag (eleven) people with a link to your post.
5. Let them know they’ve been tagged.
Here are my answers to YOUR questions, Seasons! And thank you, I thought you’d never ask!
1. What book that you have read, has moved you the most?
To Kill A Mockingbird. But Game of Thrones, while it wasn’t quite as moving on that profound level, did keep me awake till dawn.
2. What is one thing you do that helps the environment?
Erm. I don’t litter? The environment isn’t really my thing. I know it should be. But it isn’t. I’ve delegated worrying about the environment to a heap of other people and, folks, I’m proud of you, you’re doing just great, keep up the good work!
3. In a discussion, what is your favorite subject to talk about?
ME, naturally. But then I feel guilty. Other than moi, ethics and the nature of consciousness.
4. How do you feel about the state of your country right now?
Ha ha. I live in Australia and you don’t. Nyah nyah. Sucks! (sorry, just kidding – a bit)
5. Do you think that the amount of natural disasters going on around the world means we are doing something wrong? (floods, heatwaves, fires, earthquakes, ect.
Not really. I think we have an unjustified sense of entitlement – how COULD nature be so mean, doesn’t it know humans are special?
6. Do you think that history repeats itself?
Yeah, sort of. But it doesn’t matter, because it’s impossible to recognise the correct episode and therefore predict the ending.
7. What movie if any, have you watched that seemed to change the world?
No movie can change the world, or book either for that matter. Human society changes because people change, and people change because they’re ready to.
8. If you could change one thing about your world what would it be?
I would wipe the human world free of cruelty. Or failing that, free of humans, we’re such a pest.
9. Do you like to dance? if so, what is your dance?
Love it, love it, love it! Gypsy flamenco.
10. Who is your favorite relative and why?
She’s just died – my mum. Why is here. I wouldn’t dare say which LIVING relative, I’d be killed.
11. what did you think of these questions?
That’s not fair. That’s like asking a genie for more wishes.
OK so here are MY questions – and tagged ones, you don’t have to answer them if you don’t want to, of course! But, you know, I just like to stir things up.
- What’s the worst thing you ever did?
- Why did you do it?
- What’s the best thing you ever did?
- Why did you do that?
- Do you believe animals were put on this earth to serve people? Why?/not
- Have you ever read a piece of fiction that’s been total crap? If so, what was it that made you think so?
- Why do you blog?
- Have you ever had a paranormal experience?
- If you had to choose between a life without sex and a life without literature, which would you pick and why?
- Are you team Edward or team the other hairy guy, or do you think that vampires are the single most boring supernatural entity not in existence?
- If you had grey pubic hair, would you dye it (have you already?)?
And the lucky, hmm, tag-ees are:
- Mr Bill Jones
- The Lightbearer Series Novelist
- Misfits Miscellany
- Normal Deviations
- Unexpected Traveller
- Stories by Williams
- Thomas Milner
- The Incredible B*tch