Notsofancy Nancy (although she does seem rather fancy, in the sense of special, to me) has nominated me for the Sunshine Award. That is, she nominated Butimbeautiful and SHE – being the saint she is – decided to pass the award on to me, as I’m much less popular than she is. Luckily, Nancy doesn’t seem to mind.
Nancy is a dog lover (yay Nancy!!!), she lives in the desert and she’s publishing her father’s letters from the 2nd World War, which I think is a lovely tribute to him as well as being a real window into the times.
SO – the rules of the award state that you have to link to your nominating blogger – thanks a HEAP Nancy – answer some questions, and then pass the award on to ten other bloggers. When I do it, I usually give it to people who’ve either got it already or WORSE, have already got it from ME! And THEN I get their sex wrong. Bless me father for I am about to sin, and forgive me my crappy memory!
Anyway here are the questions, and as usual, I’m going to twist them to my own evil purposes.
Favorite State: Asleep. You can’t feel anything when you’re asleep. Also, I think of really good ideas, which come to me during the night and are liable to disappear before breakfast.
Favorite Saying: Just chill. Whatever! I’m probably some dead rapper’s Hell – he wants to say cool stuff but he’s stuck inside this about-to-be-fifty year old dudette and it just looks lame.
Favorite Bird: Chuffs. Or choughs. They’re so shiny and black and they snuffle. Also sparrows, which are tiny and cute. Cockatoos are good but eat my verandah. Birds are extremely canny, they just look at you sideways and you know THEY know you’re a fraud…
Paper or Plastic: Plastic. I just LURVE all those deadly chemicals that eat your sperm and scramble your eggs.
The Best Advice you have been given: I’m notorious for never listening to advice. I always think I know best. I don’t, though. C’est la vie.
Favorite Holiday: To the NSW South Coast when I was a kid. Here’s a picture of where we used to go every school hols. It was AWESOME!
Favorite Activity: Sex, followed by or if possible combined with sleeping.
My 10 Nominees: TA DA!!!
- Joe Beans 2002, because he’s very clever indeed.
- Hollyanne Gets Poetic, the best poetess in the entire world.
- Chris Sheridan, who never fails to entertain with stories of his (made-up?) adventures
- Babe Darla. I want your life, Darla. Give it to me!
- The Boeskool, just because he’s witty and thinks the same thing as I do about stuff.
- Kooky Clara– I just LIKE kooky people.
- Meltdown Messiah. That was me last night.
- Another Boomer Blog. I can never decide whether I am one or I’m not one.
- Zoeaed – sounds like a triad but with Zoe’s in it.
- Cherylmore. Because we want more Cheryl!!
That’s all folks! Hope you like them, because I do! And awardees, you have a CHOICE of questions! Yes, you can either answer the ones Fancynancy laid out – OR you can answer the ones HER awarder gave, or you can give up and answer these ones (I love asking questions!).
- What’s the weirdest thing you ever ate?
- If you were Cinderella/Prince Charming, what outfit would you wear to the ball?
- What colour is your parachute?
- What’s the longest you’ve ever gone without having a shower?
- Do you snore?
- What’s your favourite cartoon character?
- Is toilet humour ever funny? (or does your toilet forget the punch line, like me)